I was really happy to hear about this because (as far as I know!) this will be the first publication to cover use of the new Blogger Layouts system; it covers aspects of template customization, social networking and other advanced features of publishing with Blogger.
Blogger Beyond the Basics was written by Lee Jordan, a new media designer, writer and marketer, who also maintains an accompanying blog to the book.
Here's some more information about the book from the Packt Publishing site:
The book aims to be a "complete" guide to working with Blogger. The focus is on more advanced, professional uses. You will learn everything you need to know to extend your blog and grow beyond the basics of using Blogger. This book will cover the following:
* Customizing and creating templates to make your blog attractive
* Adding social bookmarks to your blog to promote your site
* Joining the blogosphere to drive traffic to your site
* Customizing your blog by using widgets effectively
* Customizing your blog's RSS and Atom feed, so that the Blogger feeds are available to the users
* Managing ads and adding e-commerce features
* Monitoring viewers and ads using Google Analytics
* Managing and optimizing your blog for search engines
* Integrating your website with your blog
The standard cover price of Blogger: Beyond the Basics is £24.99, but you can currently save 10% off this price by purchasing directly through Packt Publishing. There's also free shipping to the US. UK, Europe and selected Asian countries.
The Adobe PDF eBook version is listed at £16.99, though you can save 15% by purchasing directly through Packt Publishing website..
Packt have generously offered me a review copy of Blogger Beyond the Basics so I will be posting my own review in the next couple of weeks.
In the meantime, you may want to take a look at the free sample chapter which covers social bookmarking. It's a PDF download which can be downloaded directly from Packt Publishing.